SCM music player

Sunday, February 21, 2016

The boy with the Bricks

I want to get some bricks and build a house with you.
When we grow old together inside, we will build memories that last.
When we get tired of the view, we can fly it to the moon.
You'll heal my broken heart and remove the cast.
And maybe if I am lucky I'll be able to heal yours too.

I want to take these bricks and throw them, they aren't special now that you've left.
Instead of removing the cast on my heart, you laughed, and added another layer.
Now that I'm home alone, I put on some white noise so I don't feel bereft.
Whatever, these legos are more fun to throw at you, you...you..you player!
That's just what I tell myself hoping the pain will seal my heart cleft.

I wanted to build a house with you and fly it to the moon.
You told me those dreams were for little kids,
That you were a grown up without dreams now too.
And our fourth grade romance was gone when I opened my eyelids.
My imaginary bricks didn't stand a chance to a summer sky of blue.

But then I looked up and there you were, eyes full of tricks,
A little older now, a little wiser, with an armful of bricks.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment