SCM music player

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Hats

I don't want to stand out from the mindless crowd of peers.
I'm wearing this hat to hide my thoughts from them.

I keep dancing my way through life, hoping to hide.
But nothing hides me better than this hat.

Boom boom clap! The song reflects my heartbeat,
and I can't hide anymore because somewhere along this dance, I dropped my hat.

Everyone can see me now, sitting on this desk,
so I stare out the window at the snow, and pretend I don't care.

Now that I'm not hiding,
I find it's harder to just sit and observe because everyone can see me now.

And I find my self standing at a podium delivering words that everyone else discovered,
words that I'm realizing have been here all along.

I was just to busy hiding under this hat. I'm still not used to not hiding.
Maybe it's time to make some friends who actually know me.

Not just my hats.

2 comments: