SCM music player

Friday, January 22, 2016

Mirrors

A shiny plate of silver, behind a pane of glass.
That's all a mirror is. It's views don't really last.
Mirrors can't reflect what others see in you.
Warping what's beautiful is all they really do.

You're freckles are precious to me, but the mirror says they're ugly.
"Cover 'em up" it says. "Put on some make-up" it says.
"You have to look like her, cuz she's prettier" it says.

But that's not what I say.
I'm telling you, "You're gorgeous!"
Can't you see? Don't you believe me? I

 don't see the acne or the stray or gray hairs.
I don't see the line by your eyes that the mirrors say reach your ears.
What I see are the moments when hands of love have touched your face,
and left those little red dots you don't need to erase.
What I see are the times you've pulled your hair and been stressed so much because you care.
What I see are the moments when your laugh lit up your eyes and made them rival the stars in the skies. Those lines are records of memories that are so precious to you and me.

So next time you look in the mirror, just remember, it's only silver and glass.
It can't reflect your level of class.
Your beauty and elegance and grace soar above,
and those are the parts of you that I love.

Mirrors would have you think that your reflection is the absolute truth.
That what you see, is what others see too. But that's not true.
Mirrors aren't right. They are silver and glass. They only reflect light.

Mirrors can't show you what I see.

Oh how I wish you could see what I see.

3 comments:

  1. This speaks to me. Love it so much.
    "It can't reflect your level of class."
    Yesyesyes. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Ambivalential, I want to go to your blog but it isn't public :(

      Delete