SCM music player

Friday, January 22, 2016

Flowers

If roses are red, and violets are blue, then why are some pink and lavender too?

I used to wish I was a flower. And then I was told dandelions were weeds.
Unwanted and despised. Their cheerful yellow faces, uprooted or sprayed.
Abused because they grow of their own will power.

I used to want to be a flower. Then I was told that the only pretty roses were red.
But purple roses are my favorite. So what does that make me?
Not a Valentine's bouquet or anything special. Just a flower.

I realized one day, that I am a flower. But I'm unique.
I'm not a red rose or a blue violet.
I am the weedy dandelion who just want to grant a wish.
I am the smiley happy daisy that grows in the cracks of the sidewalks.
I am the out-of-place lavender rose in a rose bouquet full of reds.

I am me. I am a flower.

2 comments: